How to Pack for Your Move on Vancouver Island or the Lower Mainland Area
Packing for a two week vacation is difficult, but packing for a move from one residence to another can be horrific! Not many people look forward to packing even if they are looking forward to their move in the Vancouver Island area. That's where we come in. At Almost 2 Easy, we handle your move from start to finish.
For the intrepid DIYers who prefer to be hands on, we also offer packing assistance. But before you pick up spare boxes or take out your masking tape, read through our helpful guide and strategic tips to prepare yourself for the task that awaits.
- Don't unpack your drawers! Leave everything inside, and use towels as padding to prevent any breakage from happening.
- Pack non-breakable items such as clothing and linens into garbage bags. Don't over-pack the bags. This prevents tears and holes from occurring. Make sure to label all garbage bags so they're not confused with actual garbage.
- Try to keep all boxes a consistent size. This makes them easier to move.
- Number all of your boxes clearly. This way you will easily notice if any have gone missing.
- Clearly mark boxes that contain fragile items. Doing so will prevent any unfortunate accidents from happening.
- Use moving as an opportunity to clean out and throw away old items you won't be using.
- Pack a box filled with the items you'll need as soon as you arrive in your home, such as toilet paper, disposable cups and plates, a pot, etc.
- Pack your moving truck strategically, using clothing bags to cushion boxes of fragile items. Loading your truck in this way will prevent any of our breakable items from getting banged around on the drive to your new home.
- As soon as you find out your moving date, reserve a truck. Approximately a week before you move, call the rental company again and confirm your reservation.
- It's courteous and caring to do a light clean-up after you move all your belongings out of your home. Sweep and ensure your home looks presentable for its new tenants.